Friday, August 20, 2010

GPS Trackers and Fashion Statements---

I was just standing in the mirror dancing (yes, I do that often...in fact, I do it clothed or naked.  I love me!) and I came up with an ingenious quotation.  It came shortly after I finished this month's Glamour magazine with J.Lo on the cover.  Ironically enough, her new CD is called "Love?" and she herself has experienced some VERY public bouts of love.  Anyway, my thought was "Love is like a great outfit.  You are always happy you found it and you fill good in it but when you're not in it you're constantly looking for it.  You rarely settle until you find the right one. Additionally, you always go back to that great outfit, at least until you find one better." Ingenious right?!?!  I think so....it's a thought that combines two of my favorite things, love and fashion. AH-MAZING....That quote gives me an orgasm...lol...ok, I'm hyping it but still. (Sidenote, I just thought of an addendum to that quote... "Facebook always ruins it.") HAHA!

Seriously, you're probably wondering how this relates to the title. Don't worry.  I'll tell you.

So yesterday, my phone was the jump-off spot.  I spent my day texting Calvin "Mr. Just Like Me"...he seemed to be feeling me kind of tough from our movie date the night before.  He was not being his sarcastically jerk self...he said some very cute mushy things, which is not him at all.  It really made my heart smile.  I also received a text during the day from a new guy that I met a month ago that said something about him missing me a lot.  He followed it up with a text that explained he didn't understand why he missed me so since we hadn't spent much time together or talked that often.  (This guy is also aware of my situation with Calvin. The most intimate he and I have ever been was sitting in my car one night listening to slow songs and talking...no exchanging of touches or saliva.) Then there were the two missed calls I received while I took my nap.  One from Keith "Mr. Not Ever", who always leaves a voicemail, and the other from Xavier "Mr. You're My Little Secret". I returned both calls; Keith answered, of course, and Xavier didn't.  Then after I abruptly ended my boring ass conversation with Keith, I got on gchat.  Then my high school sweetheart sent me a video chat.  We talked for a good hour.  THEN, I talked to Eugene "Mr. Got It Together" before I went to bed.

It was a LOT!  As a result, I decided to turn my phone off for the day (per the request of my dear friend Dreezy "Mr. 'I forgot your name'" LOL.)  It's been a rewarding feeling knowing I am not tied to my phone or any person.  I'm living the single life so I don't owe anyone any excuses. We'll see if anyone's "disappointed" from my actions today.  It's a bold move since it's Friday and most people don't do such things over the weekend.  Whatever. I'm enjoying it.  (This whole paragraph isn't necessary....it's just a prelude to my next post. So remember this.)

Anyway, back to the subject at hand.  One of my dear friends and I have often joked that men must put some kind of GPS tracker into girls they really like.  It seems as if just as that girl starts to move onto the next one, he starts calling and questioning---showing extreme bouts of interest.  It ALWAYS throws me off.  It happens way to often for me.  Yesterday's phone fiascoes occur more than once every blue moon.  My phone blows up when I'm happily involved with someone else.  Guys from my past call with stories about "missing" me, how we could be so happy together or how great of a person I am.  Thanks guys but I've moved on SUCKAS! *sticks out tongue and shakes fanny*

As I was dancing in the mirror, it all made sense.  I seem to be that great outfit these guys aren't ready to hang up or give away.  Sometimes, boys, you have to give up certain clothes.  You outgrow them.  They aren't in season.  (Since I'm a classic, I'm always in season. haha) There's a better outfit out there for you, for the occasion.

Debug the GPS trackers.  Hang up the outfit that once worked. Let go.

~Romantiful

No comments:

Post a Comment