Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Like Him---

Yesterday I had a date with Calvin "Mr. Just Like Me" and it was the first real date we've had in a month.  We have seen each since then though.  On average, we see each other once a week and talk at least once a day.  Honestly, I didn't mind that we weren't giving our money to the man just so we could have a couple hours of dating.  I enjoy his company regardless of where we are.  I'm actually more of a homebody than most would know so I prefer to get creative rather than spending money. 

All that to say. . .nothing.  LOL!  Anyway, back to our date night.  We decided a long time ago that we wanted to see this particular movie.  This was supposed to be him taking me out.  However, I arrived at the movie before he did so I just purchased the tickets and patiently waited for him. (He's an habitually late person.  On our first date, he was 45 minutes late picking me up.) Nonetheless, when he finally arrived, a huge smile marked my face.  I felt like I hadn't seen him in years and he looked so cute.  He had no idea I purchased the tickets and started walking toward the counter when I slyly flashed the stubs in his face.  He was so happy then proceeded to say "Aww boo you bought the tickets but this was me taking you out so I'm going to give you your money back."  I told him it wasn't that big of a deal and we walked into the theatre.  (It's really not that big of a deal. Besides, he is one of those guys that like to feel appreciated from time to time so I make attempts to make him feel like I care for him as much as I say.)

This was our third time going on a movie date.  During the first movie we didn't talk much but that is when we kissed for the first time.  It was quick and dirty, kind of like him getting it out of the way.  The second movie was a romantic comedy so the only time we really talked was when we would exchange flirtatious sayings from the movie.  This being only the third time I didn't know what to expect.  I was sure he probably wasn't going to speak much and we'd spend much of our time laughing.  However, I was completely wrong.  He talked my ear off during the previews.  I even found him being touchy-feely. He's not the mushy type so I was kind of blown away.  All throughout the movie, we talked, exchanged jokes, touched and kissed.  It was a great movie experience even though the movie wasn't as funny as we expected.  Afterwards, we parted ways. 

Here's where my problem comes.  (Like I seriously think I have a real problem...)  I wanted to go home with him and just cuddle.  No sex or anything...just enjoying the moment and being in his company.  I realize, I like this guy more than he knows.  I'm not sure if it's a convenience factor or if it's because he so unlike any other guy I've ever dated OR if it's because I see me in him.  I think I get it now.  It's not that we aren't on the same page about where this is going (well maybe a little bit) but Calvin just really wants to take his time.  He wants to get it right.  He wants to make sure I'm worth it.  In the end, I just have to keep being myself.  No need to nag him about our status or a title.  I'm not really ready for all of that yet.  I need to learn above all other things just to date.  He's shown his interest.  I've shown mine.  We're attracted to each other in more ways than one.  He constantly brings me up to his family and friends. (More than I can say I do. :-/) He's just a great guy and I'm a great girl....we are just 2 great people, enjoying great times. And it's just THAT simple.

*heart smile*

~Romantiful

2 comments:

  1. I love a great movie date! Movies are seriously one of my favorite ways to spend time. Good luck just waiting to see what will develop; I've never had that skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had that skill either. :-/

    ReplyDelete